51 Things Photography Has Taught Me
December 3, 2015
Posted by on
On Lightstalking Jason D. Little has a list of 51 (I know why 51) things he has learned about photography, here are the first 10
- Don’t think about taking the photo, just take it.
- Learn the rules. Understand the rules. Break the rules.
- Spend more time taking photos than money acquiring new gear with which to take those photos.
- You will never know it all; be open to the wisdom and experiences of others.
- Print your photos — your favorites, at least. And print them big.
- Get it right in camera rather than trying to compensate for poor technique in post. But…
- Don’t be ashamed to use post-processing. All photos are “processed” in one way or another.
- Challenge yourself. Step out of your comfort zone.
- Be your own worst critic.
- Technical perfection is often overrated.
- see the other 41 here
On another note here are some pictures by Jay Maisel
rather good don’t you think