Compas is part of The University of Oxford and does studies into the migration of peoples. This is clearly an important subject at the moment and I would like to alert you to a photography competition they have organised. The brief does seem a bit wide (vague) however I suppose that gives you the opportunity to express this in a way you find interesting.
The theme is Re-creating Migration :
COMPAS visual arts competition is looking for photos and illustrations exploring new approaches to migration.
Enter by Friday 13 November 2015. Prizes: £250 and £100 for winning entries and £50 for 10 runners-up. Winning entries will appear in the COMPAS Annual Calendar and entrants will also be sent a copy.
– The competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland aged 16 and over, including employees of COMPAS and the University of Oxford. Organising and judging staff, and their relations, cannot enter.
– To enter, email your photo to the email address provided [firstname.lastname@example.org] once you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
– Five entries allowed per person.
– All entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not have been previously published elsewhere. Entrants warrant and undertake that photos submitted will not infringe intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party.
– Entrants must ensure that any person or persons whose image is used in an entry has given valid consent for the use of their image or has waived any rights they may have in the image submitted. Where such person is under 16, the consent of that person’s parent or guardian must be obtained. Failure to adequately demonstrate such consent may result in the entrant’s disqualification and forfeiture of any prize.
Here are a couple of images chosen as winners from last year’s competition
Marek Olszewski – Getting Clear
Lana Al-Shami – The Long Way Home
See more here
2014 competition entrants
2013 competition entrants