Facebook does not show all the posts we make, if you want to receive our excellent content and get an email when we make a new post click the Follow this Blog button. Don't bother with Facebook
insights into photography
Canon EOS 700D
April 8, 2013Posted by on
Canon have released details of the new camera added to their stable, this is effectively a replacement for the 650D, improvements keep coming and new cameras offer better facilities and quality and this one is no different.
With the EOS 700D/Rebel T5i, Canon’s made an early move to replace last year’s 650D/Rebel T4i, though one with only very minor refinements. Indeed the changes over the 650D are so subtle that it’s the olderT3i/600D that stays on alongside the 700D – while the too-similar 650D fades into the sunset. The only real changes are that the 700D offers real-time preview of Creative Filters in Live View mode, includes a redesigned new mode dial that turns 360 degrees, and has a new ‘upmarket’ body finish.
Apart from those additions, the 700D is essentially identical to the 650D, making this the least distinct upgrade we’ve seen in this range of cameras. Elements carried over include the 18MP CMOS sensor, a 9-point cross-type AF sensor, 3-inch, a 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD screen, and Full HD video mode. Its Hybrid AF system was also brought over from the 650D, and while the simultaneously announced 100D/Rebel SL1’s Hybrid AF II covers a wider area than the one here, neither is said to be any faster than the rather slow implementation on the 650D.
Canon EOS 700D / Rebel T5i key features
- 18MP APS-C ‘Hybrid CMOS’ sensor
- Phase-detection AF from imaging sensor for Live View and Video
- Continuous autofocus in movie mode with subject tracking
- New 18-55mm STM kit lens with stepper motor for improved live view/video autofocus
- 14-bit DIGIC 5 processor
- ISO 100-12800 standard, 25600 expanded
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- 9 point AF system, all sensors cross type, central sensor F2.8 (from 60D)
- 63 zone iFCL metering
- 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound with internal or external mics
- 1.04m dot 3:2 touch-sensitive vari-angle ClearView II LCD (capacitative type, multi-touch support
- more information can be found of the excellent DP Review site here
- Amazon are currently offering this camera at £930