Lightroom 4 free Beta Version download
February 15, 2012
Posted by on
I am just in the process of writing a new course based on the use of Lightroom. As with all our courses it will feature the most useful aspects to photographers, highlighting those functions that make life easier and better. All software can do more than we ever possibly need unless our interests are specific and well…extreme. The new course based on Lightroom 3 should be ready for the new term after Easter. You will understand my consternation at the imminent arrival of Lightroom 4. It is now available as a free download in beta form. This means it is at testing stage and Adobe make it available for use with the understanding it may have bugs that need ironing out and tweaks to make it even better. These are determined by testing the beta version by working professionals. I have had a good look at 4 and it’s basic functions and way of working is not dissimilar to 3 so I am relieved all the work I have already done on the proposed course is not wasted.
You can download this version here
new book module in LR4
Lightroom 4 beta builds on the vision of the very first Lightroom beta. From day 1, Lightroom was designed for photographers and by photographers to help them focus on what they love—the art and craft of photography. Lightroom provides photographers with an elegant and efficient way to work with their growing digital image collections, bring out the best in their images, and make an impact from raw capture to creative output, all while maintaining the highest possible quality each step of the way.
“For the development of this latest release, we’ve focused on further maximizing image quality and expanding output options. New tools let you extract more detail from highlights and shadows, make a wider range of targeted adjustments, and easily share your images and video clips on social media and photo sharing sites.
New Features in Lightroom 4 Beta
- Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
- Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
- Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
- White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
- Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
- Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
- Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
- Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
- Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.