If you like traveling, photography and learning from the best, read this!
September 24, 2011
Posted by on
I found this on twitter and it looks to be a fantastic opportunity. There are some questions posed by the information and below are some answers but do have a look at the site for full details, the link is here It is difficult to completely understand what is being offered here, it maybe something to do with a tv show so check it out carefully if you are interested
“This year Yuri Arcurs Photography is putting together an elite international academy program in the hope of producing the most competent and gifted photography class of 2015. This private funded program runs for three years, during which participants will be given a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience travel to exotic locations, a first-class photography education from some of the industry’s leading experts, and working experience through interactions with real projects, clients and top models.
We are looking to recruit 10 – 15 candidates, who will have to prove they are motivated, ambitious and bright. You will be given the opportunity to prove you have what it takes at our two-week long photography boot camp in January 2012. Very little photography knowledge is needed, we will equip you with what you need to know.”
Q & A
Offered a job after graduation?After graduation of the boot camp or after graduation of the three years?Is the “job” paid?
1. Is there a specific place we have to stay while we’re in Cape Town?
2. I’d be totally cool with traveling for half the year, but how would the six months be divided?Would it allow for us to have a part-time job for the time we’re not traveling?
3. How intense would the filming be for the reality TV show?24/7 or just a few hours a day?
4. How many people do you expect to sign up for the boot camp?!0 or 100?Is there a cap on how many you will let into the boot camp?
5. Is there a tentative list of the other photographer teachers who might participate?
I think this sounds pretty darn cool, but I wish there was more information.
If you finalize with a good exam you will be offered a job.
1. You can stay anywhere in Cape Town. You must just be able to show up at our headquarters every day for classes.
2. At least half a year. And those six months you might be three in Denmark, two in Australia, 1 in Japan. Etc. But you will be all over the place.
3. Pretty intense if we get the contracts. This is not settled.
4. We expect about 500 applications and will select 100. Out of those we expect 10-20 to pass for the class. This is elite. Only the best of the best, but don’t let this stop you. The adventure of the bootcamp will be a thing of itself.
5. Yes. But we have to keep that secret. Our education is aimed a real life. Surviving as a photographer in today’s world.