Facebook does not show all the posts we make, if you want to receive our excellent content and get an email when we make a new post click the Follow this Blog button. Don't bother with Facebook
Oxford School of Photography
insights into photography
Daily Archives: July 17, 2011
20 Things I Learned About Photography
July 17, 2011Posted by on
This list is by scottbourne over at Photo Focus, here are the first 5, I can’t disagree with any of them, if you want more go here
1. Know your subject better than you know yourself. Your photos will sing if you can do that.
2. Background – background – background. Pay close attention to the background. Keep it simple. Make sure there are no background distractions. Make the subject the star of the photo not the background.
3. Get closer. Then get closer still. You need to be close enough to your subject to feel their heartbeat and close enough so they can feel yours.
4. When you are new at photography, spend significant time looking at the work of master photographers. Looking at good pictures will make you a good photographer.
5. Know your camera inside and out. Know every feature and button so that when the defining moment occurs, you won’t be wondering how to catch it.